Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #161
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) Okay...you missed my point. I was completely parlaying the response you gave to RockGoddess right back at you to show you how juvenile your response was to her was to begin with.

If you're going to compare Stapp to Weiland you're going to have to pull more evidence that just Weiland for debating purposes. There are far more situations I could pull from showcasing a lead singer having the same behavior that Stapp exhibited and those bands going the exact same way that Creed did. Mr. Weiland, STP and Velvet Revolver are one of the exceptions to the rule. Not the common denominator throughout rock history which Stapp has followed and can be quite easily paralleled against.

*edited to add*

Alright. Answer me this....who's the member from Creed who's been marketing themselves not only as the voice of Creed, but the entire musical composer behind Creed's music in interviews? Who's the one who's banking off Creed's name and songs, instead of his own for his SOLO record, constantly in advertisements and radio publicity tour stints to grasp more sales for his own record? Who's said "I will be performing Creed songs without the rest of Creed" during the tour for his SOLO record? Who's the one holding up royalty and album sales payments to ALL of the members of Creed in court b/c he thinks he should get a bigger cut than anybody else?

RockGoddess has made quite a reputation for herself. She's pretty famous for her hatred of Stapp. Someone told me that she accused him of closing down his foundation because he was destitute and needed the money and that he stole from it...nice to see that now its the Scott Stapp Foundation. He's also tying in the foundation with his tour...you know....canned goods for the homeless...giving back to each community where he plays. So NO....I don't think my response was juvenile at all. I was pretty much stating the truth.

If I'm not mistaken Alter Bridge also used a connection to Creed...so has Stapp...I'm betting that its the record label insisting on that. I've seen copies of One Day Remains with a Creed reference on them. They wanna sell records..and they feel a connection to Creed may help that along. Tremonti didn't want to do it, but when he figured out that no body knew who Alter Bridge was, he allowed the connection to Creed. They sure as hell talked about Creed alot more than they ever did Alter Bridge in every interview they ever gave. As far as I'm concerned, Stapp did write most of the lyrics to Creed songs...you won't convince me it was Mark Tremonti. Tremonti has just as much right to play Creed songs as Stapp does, but he's stated that he hates the music...can't even stand to listen to it. Maybe if he played Creed songs, more people would actually attend an Alter Bridge show...since there are lots of people out there that never got to see Creed live. I'm sure that musically it would be to the letter, but don't know about that singer.

How about Ozzy Osbourne....he was whacked out on drugs...perscribed by the same shitty physician that treated Stapp. But hey....Ozzfest still went on. What's the matter with being an exception? I guess nobody wants to be an exception anymore, huh.

As for Stapp's legal wranglings, I have no idea...what, do you search all the public records in Orange/Dade County to search out who is suing who? But then maybe you are a lawyer or a paralegal. I got better things to do with my time.