View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp and MLB?

Well, I was over at PBF and just saw this:

----------------
Wind-up Records, Scott Stapp and MLB.com Announce "Best Records" Campaign to Run on November 17, 2005 Through January 15, 2006
November 7 2005
Exclusive performances will be offered on the MLB website, alongside a fly-away contest, audio / video streams, and pre-order campaign. The former Creed front man’s solo debut is titled The Great Divide and will be released on November 22nd.

New York --- Wind-up Records, Grammy Award winner Scott Stapp and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that Scott Stapp’s solo debut The Great Divide will be featured as part of MLB.com’s “Best Records" campaign. The promotion will run on November 17 , 2005 through January 15, 2006. Stapp recently recorded an exclusive audio/video acoustic performance consisting of his new single and a second song from the debut at MLB.com’s unique, state of the art studios in New York City. The two songs will to be featured on MLB.com, the league site, alongside an interview with the musician. Additionally, a fly-away sweepstakes will be offered wherein a grand prize winner will be awarded the opportunity to select from a list of four U.S. cities and then travel to see Stapp on his upcoming The Great Divide 2006 spring tour.

Numerous songs from The Great Divide album will be featured on MLB.com. Any individual who visits MLB.com and or Scottstapp.mlb.com during the promotion period can access this material. Fans who pre-order the album on the site will be directed to a secure web page where access to five full-length streams from The Great Divide album can be located.

Scott Stapp has had a long relationship with Major League Baseball. Over the years, he has participated in numerous events, culminating with a performance of “God Bless America" at the 2004last year’s World Series. Stapp offered, “Last year I had the opportunity of singing at the fourth game of the World Series when the Boston Red Sox won the championship. That was an incredibly powerful experience for me and I am thrilled to continue my close relationship with Major League Baseball."

Wind-up Records Chief Operating Officer Ed Vetri commented, “Wind-up has always valued Major League Baseball and MLB.com as partners, and when presented with the roll out for Scott’s record there are few better ways to reach his fans. The opportunity to bring a musical element to their domain makes this a home run. MLB.com is one of the leaders in the new media space, and having Scott’s new album featured on mlb.com provides a winning combination for Scott Stapp, Major League Baseball and their millions of fans."

Dinn Mann, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of MLB Advanced Media Commented, "Baseball is close to Scott Stapp’s heart and we are delighted and pleased to support his long awaited and highly anticipated solo debut."
------------

I have to say, I think this is a good move on Wind-Up's part. There's definitely a connection between Stapp and MLB(the World Series last year, for instance) and this will give Stapp's album some good promotion on television. I honestly think that if WU wants the CD to be successful, they need to put Stapp and his music all over the place. Not just on MLB and Nascar, but also on other forms of entertainment, like the WWE(WWE have been known to use Creed/Alter Bridge songs, so it's a natural fit). Also, they definitely need to put him on late night TV and have him promote the album.

But does anyone else find it ironic that MLB has used both Stapp and AB in the past year? Stapp at the World Series, AB at the HR Derby; Mark at the blog part of MLB.com, Stapp with some exclusive online performances. It seems pretty funny, in a way.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!