Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

"The Prince and the Statue"

"All that has been devastated
Can be recreated
Realize
We pick up the broken pieces" CREED (Who's Got my Back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbVctz0bLY
Play the link while you are reading...adds a little "something" to the story.

Some can read but never see, it's only when we align with it that we can see it clearly. To align, it is essential to believe. In believing we see.

The Prince and the Statue

“There was once a prince who had a crooked back. He could never stand straight up like even the lowest of his subjects. Because he was a very proud prince his crooked back caused him a great deal of mental suffering.

“One day he called before him the most skilful sculptor in his kingdom and said to him: 'Make me a noble statue of myself, true to my likeness in every detail with this exception—make this statue with a straight back. I wish to see my-self as I might have been.

“For long months the sculptor worked hewing the marble carefully into the likeness of the prince, and at last the work was done, and the sculptor went before the prince and said: 'The statue is finished; where shall I set it up?' One of the courtiers called out: 'Set it before the castle gate where all can see it,' but the prince smiled sadly, and shook his head. 'Rather,' said he, 'place it in a secret nook in the palace garden where only I shall see it.'

The statue was placed as the prince ordered, and promptly forgotten by the world, but every morning, and every noon, and every evening the prince stole quietly away to where it stood and looked long upon it, "noting" the straight back and the unlifted head, and the noble brow. And each time he gazed, something seemed to go out of the statue and into him, tingling in his blood and throbbing in his heart.

“The days passed into months and the months into years; then strange rumors began to spread throughout the land. Said one: 'The prince's back is no longer crooked or my eyes deceive me.' Said another: 'The prince is more noble-looking or my eyes deceive me.' Said another: 'Our prince has the high look of a mighty man,' and these rumors came to the prince, and he listened with a queer smile.

Then went he out into the garden to where the statue stood and, behold, it was just as the people said, his back had become as straight as the statue's, his head had the same noble bearing; he was, in fact, the noble man his statue proclaimed him to be.”

Remember: Patience is only needed when we are resistant to the change. Allow it in the NOW...MOVE MOUNTAINS.

Blessings

Last edited by Sasa : 12-21-2011 at 07:22 AM.