View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #56
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You know Rob, you do make some valid points. I will give you that. But you should take out the last comment you made, it ruined anything I was taking away from the letter you wrote. It'd be like me saying, "Hey Rob, who proofed your work first, because you have fewer errors there."

In all honesty, what I can take from your writings and agree is this: If my child was at that concert and looked up to Scott so much, I'd be more ashamed. I'd be more upset. I don't think you can justify that to a child at a vulnerable age in any way. I do agree with our "defense mechanisms" as you say. I think you are right there. But, the wounds are healed for those devoted fans on this BB that were at that concert, and this makes us look at the situation again, open that sore back up for no benefit to ourselves.

Legally, as it has been said here before, an apology is not realistic. If Scott issued one, the lawsuit would fly, as I'm sure his attorneys advised him not to. And I don't doubt for one moment that he tossed that back and forth in his head for a loooonnng time. But in the end, it could've ultimately ruined his career. Sometimes doing the right thing means doing the wrong thing in others' eyes, which in this case to Scott meant following advice he was probably given to protect himself and those he loved. Think of this child too, Jagger, yeah, it would be great (realistically) to say, "My dad is the biggest, most honest man out there." But do you think that is what he would be given credit for? No, he would be ridiculed forever too as the "kid whose dad f&*$ed up the band Creed."

No one here is doubting he was at fault. I haven't seen that. They may be making excuses for his error, which in turn admits he WAS wrong. We just all want to get beyond this and want to see them return for us to view again. It is extemely doubtful that behavior will be repeated.

Truthfully, I don't want my money back, I want Creed back. Maybe that is selfish. But I'm not sorry for that. If I know of Scott the way I think I do, I think he really paid for this in his own mind over and over. Like you said, it will haunt him for a long time. In all honesty, I did want another show, not my money back. But there again, that brings up so many legal issues that could ultimately destroy the band, and to me personally (as I speak for many loyal fans I'm sure), it's not worth fighting for. Loyal fans probably will not join the suit. If it makes the not-so-loyal fans feel better to sue, let the courts decide. I still won't join in. I admit he WAS wrong, but I want him to be ok, not refund my money. Like I said, I believe he is paying for his mistake in more ways than we will ever know. He does know God and has probably fought the demons in his head from that standpoint as well.

You've voiced your opinions now. You aren't going to change anyone's mind here. So quit trying. You'll only fail. Find the BB you can relate to and be on your way.