View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #45
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) I just personally dislike organized religion in general because it means walking on egg shells when you're trying to have a normal civilized conversation.

No need to take everything personally whenever possible, and to do it after it's been pointed out by the person making the statement and others that it wasn't what they meant is just stubborn.

Why keep an argument when there wasn't one in the first place?

This is why i get frustrated over the christian argument, stubborn people who still say creed is a christian band when the band themselves say repeatedly they aren't.

What's the point in even trying to argue when even ending the argument isn't possible because people want to fight about nothing?

And just to play devil's advocate:

Let's say for the sake of argument he meant offense when he said "Christian Community".

Even in that case, what he is talking about is that he hates the fact that the christian community created that stigma about creed.

This means he is angry and hating the STIGMA not the CHRISTIAN FAITH OR ITS PEOPLE, it just so happened that the christian community was the one that applied the stigma. If it was jews and saying creed was a jewish band, it'd be the jewish community, if it was blacks or whites, it'd be those communities.

ITS NOT SPECIFIC TO ANTHING ABOUT CHRISTIANITY EXCEPT THAT THAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE STIGMA.

The STIGMA is what he is attacking, not the group of people

He has actually said this much but you flat out ignored it just for the sake of arguing.

I wanted to hear from NAGPO exactly what his problem is with Christianity. Instead I have to read pshycobable text from know it alls defending him. I am a Christian and I found his remark about the Christian community offensive and your arguments to defend him anoying.
I won't shut up because you say so.

-Homer Simpson