View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #30
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) It's been a long time since I have posted here, but I thought I would get in on this. I remember going on a mission trip one summer, listening to Creed. Someone said something about them being a Christian band, and I said, "no, they're not a Christian band. They use certain themes and ideas, and they write about things that I think a lot of people struggle with. They write about what they know." And I explained Stapp's strict upbringing. I mean the reason I connected with Creed was because around the same time I had some of the same questions and feelings that Creed's lyrics bring up. But the one point I made, and it was something Stapp said during an interview with one of my local radio station's, Christian music is about pushing God, and Creed has never pushed God. Never said you should believe in God. They just allude to their beliefs, and struggles in their music. Writers (no matter what they are writing) write about what they know. They write about life. This is what Creed has done, and I'm surprised that so many people miss this point. I am a Christian, but I do not worship God with their music, that is not the intention, but I am reminded of my struggles, my questions, my beliefs, thoughts, feelings, etc.
I know this is a long post, but man I felt like typing tonight!
Welcome Back Shiver your post was simple and was easy to read I give it An A + i,ve read longer way longer and post indeed there is a struggle inside us all some where but he that dwells us overcame the world peace be with ya and big thank ya for your