View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
Creed009
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I hate the fact that Creed is labeled a so called "Christian" band. Just because the lead singer has spiritual beliefs and in his lyrics they are a Christian band? Not one Christian station plays thier music. It has been said many time before that Tremonti and the guys just wanted to be in rock band...its a shame that alot of people won't buy the new record and give it a listen because they are labeled Christian band..thats the world we live in. Look at a band like Avenged Sevenfold, those guys get flack all the time because they all grew up Catholic and thier lyrics have "some" spiritual meaning from the Bible.

I disagree. I think the fact that Creed was labeled a "Christian band" helped them sell many more records then they would've otherwise. I don't believe that very many people refuse to listen to music from Christian bands. 75% of Americans claim to be Christians, and 90% believe in God. It's only the hard core athiests that won't listen to Creed. There's a huge market for Christianity, as you can see with the success of "The Passion of the Christ." I know that Creed is not a Christian band, but I think the misconception that they were a Christian band helped them sell more records than they would've otherwise.