View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
creve
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

I think that Creed isn't a Christian band, but I don't think they have a problem with being seen that way, because it seems to be a huge market over there in the States.

The lyrics are very suggestive at times. And also doing things like filming the Don't Stop Dancing video in what appears to be a church, probably doesn't help the argument that they aren't 'in any way a Christian band' because although in some respects it might be just seen as an interesting setting, in other respects it would be seen as something suggestive of being Christian, like it or not.

I think that although Creed and their fans can say they aren't Christian 'til the cows come home, I don't think in the band's own mind they don't mind being suggested about that way, because it's a very popular market, and with them also being hits in the pop and rock markets, they'd only need a bit of honky tonk from Mark on guitar to cover Country and for Flip to break out some beats and Scott to rap about his bitches and ho's (in a Christian friendly way), then they'd have covered all markets...

It's a very unique position to be in, appealing to so many people for many different reasons.

But on the point of this review, I thought it was 'damned' to be honest...it would suggest that it's 'damned'...'I'll be damned fighting you...'....'I'll be dammed fighting you' makes no sense to me. But either way it's a ridiculous argument that you shouldn't go get a top song because of the word.

I've never been in a Christian set of boots, neither do I swear excessively, but that's just what I think.