View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #21
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Christian Review of Overcome

There are a lot of different ideas about "Christian" out there. The camps I used to participate in - they divided humanity into "the saved" and "the lost".
If you agreed with them, you were "saved", if you didn't you went on the prayer list. (And in some camps long ago you might get burned at the stake.)

I don't feel that the members of Creed see human beings as belonging to one camp or the other - more like One oh One the Only Way is One. Christ did say he came to bring division (yep I gotta verbatim verse but I'll spare you) - and so he does. But after the crucifixion it's all about One New Man, "one oh one the only way is one", find a way to connect with other people, rather than assert your dominance with your superior spirituality.

What the heck does "Spiritual" mean anyway??? Are there men with no spirit? I think if they are breathing, they are Spiritual. Spirit, same word as Breath in scripture.

Sometimes Christian means the security of being in a group where everyone has agreed to agree with everyone else. Ironically the real Greek meaning of the word translated "church" in the NT is "called out". Outside the camp/group/etc. But you can go in and out after you come out, John 10.

I am grateful to Creed as they helped me wake up to what I was about "in spiritual terms". I was not ready for anything any "heavier" at the time. I remember feeling ANXIOUS because he said "gd" in WTLF. I lived in a very small world, nearly everything was off limits. (Yet I was forced to deeply get to know the little world I was in - and you can find out everything that way too - maybe the only way, to be locked in your own prison for a while until you are ready - "are you ready" - to Come Out - when called.)

Now I enjoy so many things with new eyes - I don't give Creed all the glory, lol, but they helped me A LOT and I'm SO GLAD they have reconciled with one another. I cannot be worried about whether they are popular or not - let them that have ears put them to good use - they are certainly gifted music and dramatic experience makers whatever you think about whatever doctrine you think may be implied.

Is Marilyn Manson a Christian band? He went to Christian schools. He performed Your Own Personal Jesus - I think Depeche Mode wrote it. Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares. Pretty spiritual if you ask me. People who have not plumbed their own depths (nice way to say SHALLOW PEOPLE) evaluate others the same way, without really listening and thinking and caring. According to your faith be it into you.

My .02 worth. (I believe that expression is actually from the bible, the widow's two mites - can't prove it.)