Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 07:58 AM   #85
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
I'm sorry but that sounds like the organized religion party line and propaganda much as those pictures of fetuses. Unfortunately a fetus is not a viable SEPARATE sentient entity. It is alive in the same sense that a kidney or liver or even the flu virus is alive. It is a part of a woman until it is in the third trimester and able to be born as an individual. It is only legal to have abortions in the first trimester except in cases of health of the mother, which should take precedence. Developmentally, the fetus is not even recognizable as a human in many cases at the point it happens. Like I said though, I could never do it myself. I've known others who have went through a great deal of emotional pain because of it and I would never recommend it unless it were the best thing for all involved. However, I would never condemn someone for doing what they thought was best.

Life is not cut and dry, black and white. Things are never that simple. We all do the best we can with what we've got to work with. Christianity should be about love, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and not about judging and condemning others.