Thread: Question....
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 AM   #28
Jacqueline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Question....

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) I'm no sure it's quite that simple an explanation.

The times that i've strained my voice, and i mean like REALLY fucked up my voice doing something unhealthy, the longest it's ever taken me to recover was 2 days.

I think there is something significantly more permanent happening to his voice, i wish i had more information and knew more about him to be able to say what, but this is definitely not from straining his voice in recording sessions.
Iced, that was a very thoughtful post on pg1, and I agree, I also think there is something more permanent happening with scott's vocal chords. I remember at the end of the Weathered Tour, how sick he got and the crazy schedule they had him on , it is no wonder someone's voice will start to give and get weak.

I don't know what he does these days in terms of vocal exercises but as I recall he wasn't very disciplined in that area.

For me I remember years ago when I heard My Own Prison on the radio, and I thought "who is THAT!" that voice and I was hooked. I am hooked on the whole band and I just wish that something could be done about preserving that voice of his...