View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #104
m0rningview23
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion'

Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) Haven't been on this board in 2, maybe 3 years but i remembered it and decided to check it out again today. Still recognize a lot of people posting here .

It's cool to be back on it, however... This whole reunion makes me sick to my stomach.

I loved Creed, and i still do love their music. But they split and it was really rough, lots of crap was said. Tremonti wanted to get away from the cookie cutter radio songs and write the music he likes. If he actually does this I'll be very disappointed.

And is this going to be done through Wind-Up? Please tell me Tremonti & Co. are not going back there.

I remember you, Human Clay. I believe you hosted lots of Creed audio and video -- thanks for that.

I don't recall if I posted under a screen name back then or not. I just got this one today. But yeah, this Creed stuff is pretty wild. Not to mention the new album -- for those that don't know, Scott Phillips said Creed is releasing its 4th studio album near the end of the tour. Then Alter Bridge will get back into the studio in November.

It seems like a strange thing for Tremonti and everyone -- Phillips even said that there was still some bad blood between the group. It's like a financial decision. But I think it may help Alter Bridge a lot. It may get more people to check them out.

As for the question of Wind-Up, they obviously will have a significant hand in this. But it's unclear whether it's 100% in their control. I have a feeling Universal may benefit from this as well. Phillips said that Wind-Up is involved in the negotiations, which suggests to me that it could be done through both Wind-Up and Universal. Who knows...I thought we'd know more details by now, but they're being very quiet about this.

Anyway, good to see you post again Human Clay.