View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Thank you so much for the viewing of the full moon GGG... where's my BB gun when I need it. LMBO!!

First I think the phrase to Hollywierd and the music industry means that at the age of 55 you have no wrinkles, no fat, & no sagging with or without the help of plastic surgery. And of course grey hair is a no-no, especially for women in Hollyweird and the music industry.

However, to me growing old gracefully means to accept that you are growing old without fighting it. On my ex-mother-in-law's 40th birthday, some ladies told her that it's time to get the hair cut and start dressing her age... meaning, cut your hair really short, get a poodle frizz perm, and wear nasty "old ladies" clothes made of scratchy polyester. Needless to say my ex-mother-in-law was horrified that her elder friend (50+) suggested such a thing.

She didn't listen to them of course. She still wears her shoulder length hair in a stylish way and wears some stylish modern looking outfits and has a few grey hairs but refuses to cover them up. She says, "I've earned every last grey hair on my head... I'm proud of them." She also has a young spirit... she get's out there with her grandkids and play on the trampoline and play tag with them, and even go bike riding with them and watch cartoons with them.

I myself feel the same way as my ex-mother-in-law. Some of my older friends say, "Oh you're still young... you'll feel differently once you get a lot older." I don't think so though. I myself am young at heart and I feel I always will be.

So that is what growing old gracfully means to me.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~