View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #13
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) 11) Where did Jesus give instructions that the Christian faith should be based exclusively on a book?
A) The Gospels
B) The Epistles
C) Revelation
D) nowhere
D

Quote: 12. True or False: Jesus told all His apostles to write things down.
FALSE

Quote: 13. Where in the New Testament do the apostles tell future generations that the Christian faith will be based on a book?
A) The Gospels
B) The Epistles
C) Revelation
D) nowhere
D I think

Quote: 14. If the authors of the New Testament believed in Sola Scriptura, why did they sometimes draw on oral Tradition as authoritative and as God's Word (Matt 2:23; 23:2; 1 Cor 10:4; 1 Pet 3:19; Jude 9, 14;15)?
A) once its written, its no longer tradition
B) oral Tradition is part of Divine Revelation and just as authoritive
B?

Quote: 15. A few Christians claim that Jesus categorically condemned all oral tradition (Matt 15:3, 6; Mark 7:813). If so, why does He bind His listeners to oral tradition by telling them that to obey the scribes and Pharisees when they "sit on Moses' seat" (Matt 23:2)?

A) Jesus could not have condemned all oral tradition, just the ones (He said "your traditions") that made void God's word, not the Sacred Traditions that Jesus and the Jews properly followed
B) the scribes and Pharisees were pure, true Christians, and Jesus
was telling his listeners to follow their example.
C) Jesus was saying that the corruption of people with authority had no bearing on the necessity of obedience to them, which is pleasing to God.
D) A and C
A

Quote: 16. True or False: God's Word is restricted only to what is written down.
FALSE

Quote: 17. How do we know who wrote the books that we call Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Hebrews, and 1, 2, and 3 John? (What verse claims the name of the author?)
A) it's written on the top of the page
B) oral Tradition
C) bible scholars can prove it
C (So they say)

Quote: 18. On what authority, or on what principle, would we accept as Scripture books that we know were not written by one of the twelve apostles?
A) on the authority of the publisher
B) on the authority of the Church who set strict principles for the canonization of scripture
C) Luke was a clone of Paul
B

Quote: 19. How do we know, from the Bible alone, that the individual books of the New Testament are inspired, even when they make no claim to be inspired?
A) we know by faith they are God breathed, and that's all I need to know.
B) Paul says "All scripture is profitable…2Tim3:16;17"
C) The Church proved they were inspired, the bible is not self authenticating
I am gonna sa C but I think you are gonna say its wrong

Quote: 20. How do we know, from the Bible alone, that the letters of St. Paul, who wrote to first century congregations and individuals, are meant to be read by us 2000 years later as Scripture?
A) we don't, the bible doesn't tell us that
B) Paul was inspired so he must have seen the future
C) The bible shows Paul's primary mission was to write books of the bible, preaching to the Gentiles was secondary.
D) Jesus commissioned the Apostles to read the Gospel to all nations…
D

so how did I do? I don't think I did as well on this one I am a hoped up on painkillers a little more that I was last night.