View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 07:03 AM   #8
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: 1.) True or false: The Bible has a verse(s) that lists what books belong in the Bible.

If true, quote the chapter and verse___________________________

FALSE
Quote: 2. If the Bible doesn't tell us what books belong in it, then is the Bible's "table of contents" merely a human tradition?
A) yes
B) no, its not by "merely human tradition" that compiled the Holy Books
C) all traditions are to be condemned

B

Quote: 3. If the list of Biblical books is not revealed in the Bible itself, what men drew up the list?
A) Luther, Calvin, Knox, and Zwingli
B) The Twelve Apostles
C) The Jewish Council of Jamnia in the 1st century
D) Several Bishops in 4 councils from the 2nd to the 4th century

D

Quote: 4. Why do you trust these men?
A) they were guided by the Holy Spirit
B) their offices were of direct descent from the Apostles
C) they were unanimous in faith and practice
D) all of the above
D
Quote: 5. Is their list infallible? (without error)
A) yes
B) no, Luther removed the added books 1100 years later and made
it infallible
C) no, the Jewish council of Jamnia (95 AD) had more authority about the canon of scripture than Christians, even though they rejected Christ and the message of the New Testament.
D) No, the bible came from God, it didn't come from man, that's why its infallible.
D

Quote: 6. If the list of books in YOUR Bible is infallible, on what authority is it so?
A) by virtue of the office of the bishops who proved which ones of the many books were inspired
B) by the authority of Christ which lives in the Church
C) King James, who gathered the books from the Apostles, and lived to be 1600 years old.
D) I trust the publisher
E) A, B
E
Quote: 7. True or False: Even though the list of books in your bible is not in the bible, it is an infallible list?
CLAIRIFY
Quote: 8. If their list is not infallible, and is merely a human tradition, why do you trust it? On what authority?
A) God decided the list, not men. That is why I trust it, on the authority of the Holy Spirit, Who had no need of men to make the list.
B) the list IS infallible, on the authority that Jesus gave to sinful Church leaders.
C) the list IS infallible on the authority that the Holy Spirit gives me a good feeling about it.

DON'T KNOW GUESSING B
Quote: 9) Some claim the Bible says that unless doctrines are explicitly found in scripture, they cannot be trusted. State any explicit biblical basis for this doctrine, Old or New Testament. Provide chapter and verse(s).
AGIAN NOT SURE AT THIS POINT BUT i CAN GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT

Quote: 10) If (9) has no verses to support the claim, but you accept it as a doctrine anyway, isn't that an extra-biblical "rule of faith and practice", or an extra-biblical doctrine?
Knowledge of early church history is helpful, but not necessary to get the right answers. Common sense will work.
This will help too: http://catholicoutlook.com/scripture.php