View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

I guess I'll post my little review...

First of all, everyone pretty much knows how much I hated the performance that night...so I'm sorry if I come off highly negative or mean, I'm just trying to be honest & give constructive criticism.

The one thing that made me happy was the artwork and packaging, when I first saw the cover I didn't know what the heck they were thinking but after seeing everything up close & personal it's not that bad & they did a very good job putting it together. The message from Scott inside the booklet was very touching. (The DVD menus are also nice)

Performance wise, it was again hard to listen to... vocally other then "Never Die" Scott was struggling. I'm not going to rant on Scott because I know he's trying his best & the passion is still there but in all honesty I cringed on every song. I give a little credit to pitch correction, but imo. they didn't use it enough throughout the show, also whoever edited the audio is a moron...they totally shifted Scott's vocal off time in "One Last Breath" & in "A Thousand Faces" which really ticked me off seeing as it's one of the best performances on the DVD. I also noticed the solo was replaced which was odd, it's not the cd version though, Mark must have overdubbed it.

Musically, again some of the songs were hard to listen to, tempos of course are WAY TOO FAST...Flip needs to seriously improve this on the next tour. (Unforgiven especially was horrible.) other then that the other guys nailed it as usual, a lot of energy! EROCK what else can you say, the guy is incredible...vocally, his guitar playing, tone, stage presence etc. he deserves to be on that stage. My favorite songs on the DVD were probably Never Die, A Thousand Faces, What If & One.

Production/editing was awesome, very well shot! Quality was also better then expected.

The bonus features were ok, the Documentary was great...mostly consists of the Full Circle bonus dvd & other cool behind the scenes stuff.

So in closing, it was what I expected... overall I give it a 7/10 which is being generous in my book. I have to admit this is not the live Creed DVD I longed for since 1999 but I have hope that they can improve & hopefully the next dvd will blow this one out of the water.

(BTW "Big Freeze" what a joke. lol)

One Nation. Indivisible.