View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: P.O.D. - more solid info on new album

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I dunno When P.O.D. changed their line up they lost something.... I think they peaked at "satellite" every thing since then has just been ehhh. IMO

After Satellite, they gave Marcos (guitar) the boot b/c of creative differences or something (Wikipedia article claims something like "spiritual differences," but who can really trust Wiki?). You may recall, he performed with Nappy Roots on an alternative version of their song "Awnaw." And some other stuff. He & Pete Stewart (former lead singer of Christian band Grammatrain, I believe) formed a definitely non-Christian band, The Accident Experiment. Anyway, P.O.D. got Jason Truby, former & original guitarist for legendary Christian metal band Living Sacrifice.

I will agree that Satellite is a phenomenal album. IMO, their first release with Truby on axe, Payable on Death, was pretty bland, especially considering his metal roots. In '06, they released Testify, which I think is a pretty solid album. Much much much better than Payable on Death, that's for shizzle. Then, about a year ago, Marcos asked to rejoin the band around the same time Truby decided to leave. They were originally slated to release the album this past summer, but that, as I've already pointed out, has been pushed back to this April.

Interestingly, I haven't heard anything as to whether any "spiritual differences" were resolved, and The Accident Experiment is supposedly just on hiatus while Marcos works w/ P.O.D.