Thread: Mayfield Four
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
someone should have started a MF4 thread ages ago......oh well. Anyhow I own Second Skin and I have Fallout on the way. From what I understand Fallout is a little different and not as straight-up rock although there are songs like Don't Walk Away. Second Skin is an album you should like straight away. There is this one part in the song Mars Hotel that is out of this world, those who have heard the album should know what I am talking about. Myles was also in a band pre-MF4 "Citizen Swing" that is more jazz/rock from what I understand.

As for his voice I think the comparisons to Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley are valid, far from being a rip-off though he sounds orignial and that is a major compliment. I think his voice sounds the best when he is singing ballads rather then going over the top of the loud rockers. When I first heard "Summergirl" (from Second Skin) I had to make sure I haden't put Grace on instead!

The man is certainly talented, there a couple of solos there by Myles on their second album that are not bad. The solo during a song "Believe" at the end of the song is very nice indeed. Zia their drummer has to be one of the better drummers around. Anyone know the band's future? I guess it is going to be a couple of years at least until they or Myles does another album.