Thread: Tonight Show
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #53
meeceek
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Tonight Show

Interesting comments in this thread. Congrats to full sail person. That is an awesome school. Yes, I'm sure there was some editing on the CD. I doubt there are any CD's being produced today that are not edited. More and more, we music fans expect perfection. Sound systems give us such great detail, and we want it as pleasing as possible. It's amazing technology, too.

I'm learning to adjust my expectations now when I go to live concerts because there is no way they can live up to perfection heard on the CDs. Some can do better than others, but there is so much about a live performance that can complicate things for the performers and fans. To me, the big thrill of the live concert is seeing great performers in action, as well as some amazing stage effects. There can be some "off" moments, but overall, most are still really good entertainment events. Stapp's stage presence and commitment to fans is tops on my list. I have never seen anyone give his all like that for almost two straight hours and still be right on musically the vast majority of the time. Same for the other guys, including ERock. Were there a few off moments... yes. Was it the majority of the concert? Heck no. So, while we continue to dissect the poor guy to pieces, let's paint the whole picture.

None of us know if there is a vocal issue or not, but if there is, I wish him well as he deals with it... sure didn't make much difference to me in that concert, and I do have a good ear. I have never, ever seen a singer put his entire heart and soul into a concert like the one they did last month. So, let's look at the entire package for live performances. I've never been a fan of those 3 minute TV performances anyway. They just lack so much, especially Conan who doesn't do justice to any band on his show. He is more about his comedy stuff. I would much rather go view videos online to get a feel for a band's sound.

The Creed haters are out again, and from some surprising places, too. Something tells me the band and fans don't give a **** this time. A good CD is still a good CD, and that will be shown with the test of time. I've already converted two new fans just this week based on the new CD alone. They were then blown away to hear some of the older stuff. It also makes me wonder if some online comments are coming from people who are a little intimidated about Creed's comeback and might have something to lose from their success... not directed at comments here at this site but elsewhere. Just my two cents worth.