View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #32
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) You don't make money unless you tour. Just ask Dave Matthews. Stapp, I believe was the one who wanted a break...needed a break. He had family. And Mark accused him of being lazy. Go fucking figure.
Granted, yes, they do make a lot of money on tour, that's not where all of their money comes from. When a band sells 30 million albums, that's a pretty nice band account figure. Mark accused him of being lazy because he didn't even know everything that was going on with Stapp. He told us so. Stapp was not the only one with a family. Mark is married. Flip is married and has a 1 year old daughter. I believe Myles is married. Trust me. That was not one of their biggest reasons.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) He refused??? HE REFUSED???? Jeez, you really need to read up a bit more dude, he explained all that a long time ago. He didn't refuse anything, he was TOLD not to make anything public. Mark doesn't keep his fans up to date on shit, esp boards like this....Mike does it for him. Last I remember, Stapp doesn't have a brother to be his mouth piece.
I read everything I could. And yes, he refused. He and some people close to him ADVISED him not to tell the whole story. It wasn't until after the breakup of Creed, and really, a few months ago, that Stapp began talking openly about it. He could have told us what was going on if he wanted to.

Mark talks to fans. At meet-and-greets, at concerts, in the streets. That's where we've gotten a lot of our information when AB was just beginning and how we first heard about the Creed breakup. Mark told a fan at a meet-and-greet on October 12th 2003 that "Creed as we know it is over" when a fan asked him a question. And, like aussiecreeder said, the mouthpiece (Mark or Mike) it is irrelevant.

Sure Scott doesn't have a brother for a mouthpiece, but he does have sisters, parents, public relations department, a personal assistant, managers, etc. One of them would do just fine.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Stapp has skewed priorities....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please, I think that's what the whole problem is...Stapp's priorites are right were they are supposed to be, and Mark didn't like it.....
So good priorities to you is not telling the fans what is going on, not wanting to do an album, or only working on it because you have to, cancelling tour dates and not explaining why, buy some land in Maui and escape for a year while not telling your bandmates what's going on, etc.?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"