Thread: Creed bootlegs
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 02:04 AM   #22
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by AlanCart) hey jez, it looks like you know your stuff pretty well,

im having trouble using mirc i can do everything up to the part where you have to type "get and the file name" i cant get past that, i type get and whatever the file says , and then it says invalid something, i forgot.

could someone help me out?
Hello AlanCart Welcome to the board, for starters. I don't claim to know everything but perhaps I know why you're having the problems that you are. I think that you are accidently copying the entire file name instead of just the necessary information. You need to copy and paste (after the get command) the file name all the way up to and including they type of file that it is (.mpg, for example) but do NOT include the actual filesize that follows.

Wait, lol.....I just looked in my DCC log and it says that you have successfully received a few things from me this evening while I was out....so you must be doing something right! I also see that the last time that you tried to access my server that you forgot to put the / in front of the ctcp for me.....then you left, probably out of frustration. Don't worry, you'll get it There is a program that is like a plugin for mIRC called invision....I think you saw me explaining it to Dogstar earlier. Are you interested in this?
Here is the link to the site where you can get invision as a stand alone program (you must be using version 6.12 of mIRC) or if you don't have version 6.12, you can download the invision/mirc combo. It's on the left side. I hope I helped you at least a little bit

Creed~~Bullets