View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #30
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) There is so much that I could reply to but I wont. I will say though, that I do not have an issue with baptism, except for the dead. That is all.

I also believe that God IS here on earth, via the Holy Spirit, which Jesus refers to as The Comforter. I also believe that THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES TEACH US!, God does speak today, And God is at work on the earth. I am not alone by any means.

I also need to say that I am not your enemy FM and HD. Use your brains! The fight is not against flesh and blood. I dont hate U. I never will. Sorry if you got hurt, but U R not the ones my arrows were aimed at.

But in truth, all I have heard is deception from almost every single mormon I have spoken to. Only 2 have answered my questions truthfully and taken me seriously enough not to lie to my face or try to manipulate me into converting.

aussiecreeder is right. No point in arguing theology cos all it does is make people say that they would rather be in hell than be in a place if you are in it, so I will stop cos its not helping. Thank you AC.

But I hope it helped someone out there that is wondering about mormonism, that is not trapped yet. It is a cult. Any belief system that makes you state, "...and I cut off all ties with Jesus Christ" when you leave the so called religion, is a cult. It is based on control, not grace. Please be careful.
Thank you for that, Sincirr. I agree with everything you said except for the last paragraph. Mormonism is NOT a cult. Honestly, I have never heard of the quote you posted for when people leave. One person I recently met is a former mormon, and he is now a Baptist minister. I have also heard of others who are still religious. I'm just going to leave it at that. It's just something I haven't heard.

This is my personal, overall belief: God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are very alive and their work happens all over the world because of men and women who believe in their existence. There are many religions and they all differ from each other. When all is said and done, the most important thing is not what church you've dedicated your life to, but what you did to better yourself, to better others, and how your life was dedicated to the genuine love of others and the work of God. I believe you do not have to be Mormon to go to heaven. I know many people who are not mormon who are some of the greatest people one can know. I am Mormon because of what the church has taught me about God, life, and service. The world only knows such a small sliver of the secrets of God, and nobody anywhere has all of the answers. Find what works for you. The bottom line, in my opinion, is how dedicated your life was to Jesus Christ and following his example and his teachings.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"