View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #20
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) HD and FM, why do U insist on defending such crap!

Read these verses!

Hebrews 9:27
just as man is destined to die once, AND AFTER THAT, to recieve judgement.

NOPE! baptism of the dead does nothing! Too late!!!!

It even says in Hebrews 4 that those that have even had the gospel preached to them will not necessarily make it so whats with this baptism crap!
it's between U and God. Thats all.

Yet another gimmick to get numbers! Makes me sick. False hope, false gospel. False religion.
So once you're dead God is not willing to forgive and give second chances? Death is the end-all?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr's BS) I did not ask U this time about the planet thing, I asked FM, who is now an elder and should have been told. And I know mormons and practicing mormons at that so please dont tell me that what your own brothers have told me is not true.

Obviously U didnt ask your officials like I asked you to. Please do HD. Theres no harm in it. Just ask.
If practicing members told you that, then they don't know their religion. I have read about it, I have asked leadership, and I know what I'm talking about. This is the basis of the foundation of that belief: we believe that (as it says in the Bible) we can become gods (Gen. 3:5, Ps. 82:6). We become LIKE God in every way, yet are still followers of him and are subject to his rule. ALL rightous can become as God. Even you. Any person judged as worthy of entering into heaven CAN become gods. Now don't get me wrong with what I'm saying. One can NEVER become THE God. There is only one God. We can have the power to create worlds, but UNDER DIRECTION OF THE FATHER. This is how it's been explained in the past: A forman has a construction crew. They need to build a house. The builders can do it themselves, but must ask the forman and use his direction. This is the same thing. Don't just talk to people you know. Take your own advice, and ask high ranking church officials (ie, Bishop, Stake President, Patriarch, etc.)

Just a question to you now. Who is more likely to go to hell: The Christian who works to please God, spread his word, and bring people to him, OR someone who doesn't tolerate freedom of religion and tells people that they are wrong, full of crap, false, and sets judgement upon them when they don't even know all the answers?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"