View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 12:53 AM   #61
Aimee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
These are hard questions for anyone to answer. I think that proves that we are all fallible, and that we all have the ability to fail. We are to strive to be like Christ, and take him as the ultimate example of what a person can be. The questions about whether Christ was not truly perfect are only speculations, not documented, and so they have no bearing on me.
Allison, the New testament was created for us after Jesus came to the earth. Jesus was God's way of learning what it's like to live in the flesh. So, even though we should fear what he can bring us, we must know that to be loved we must love, etc. etc.
I take the new testament as my guide to living, and I strive to be like Jesus or like the Dalai Lama, or the Buddah, or any other mortal that I know to carry these traits. And I strive to be an example to others as well in being tolerant and loving and firm without being abusive. LadyV, I admire your tenacity in arguing your point, but I still think you might be blinding yourself to other possiblities, and therefore opening yourself up to hate others instead of loving all.