View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: Originally posted by rodirocker
The chances of life happening by chance (The route you would take when you don't believe in any type of divinity) is one chance in 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000. yep that is a 1 with 60 zeros after it. You do not have the faith to believe there is a God, but you have the faith to believe in THAT???  

Now lets look at something else. Creation. Say you are walking in the mountains and you happen to stumble upon a watch in the rocks. You pick up the watch and automatically assume that there was some sort of intelligent design behind it. It couldn't have just been created by chance! When you look at an atom, a human eye, a mountain, your hand, a BRAIN, how in the world can you assume it all happened by chance? This is what you will be assuming when you become an athiest. Not a very wise choice. You would need MUCH MUCH MUCH more faith to be an athiest than a theist.  

Well I hope I made sense. I have much more to back up this arguement!

Actually, I think you have that backwards... I think you need to have more faith to be a theist than an athiest. Science can prove and explain things... the big bang theory is a pretty sound theory and is logical. From a general standpoint, which seems more logical - the big bang theory or an almighty being simply creating the world from nothing?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"