View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 12:32 AM   #11
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheists aren't all bad

^^ Well I know the GHW Bush Quote is true I remember the speech which he said it.

as far as the interpretation of "fool" wel... it is open... I know the guy who did this video was a former fundy christian wich may explain the literal interpretation of "fool". I personally think that it can be taken either way (literally or in the way that you and eusebio contend it to be.) As far as Atheist being literal when looking at the bible I think that is a unjustified blanketed statment. regardless it really depends on the school of thought you come from but beyond that the question is bound to come up "What do you take literally and what do you take figuretivly?" I have see almost every verse taken both ways and heard good arguments for both but then it comes down to "How much of the bible actually has to be literal until you chuck out as the word of god?" because if it is all figureitive then what/how is to be taken seriously? theses are honest questions people need to ask themselves.

as far as naming all the actors??? well I think it was to illistrate a point that there are many high profile atheists... I mean how many times do you hear the Christians tout their celebraties (C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolken, Kevin Smith, Mel Gibson, Mandy Moore, Gary Busey, Robert Duvall to name a few) So that is the only explaination I can give you of why He put the actors in there.