View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #33
renbergs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) I am fed up with people comparing Scott and Myles

At last some sense You can like/dislike anyone of them, but you can't "justify" it by comparing them.There's no use comparing, no use arguing, it's a matter of taste and opinion, it's as simple as that! You can't win discussions about taste and you can't force people to agree with your taste, no matter which arguments you use!
The same goes for discussions about technically skilled singers. Wide range, yeah, that's good and one of Myles' qualities, to be able to sing powerful in low ranges without falling into growling is also good (and harder than most people know) and one of Scott's qualities.
And to me the technical skill of the singer is worth nothing if I don't like the way he/she approaches the song and fails to put feelings into it.
I like Creed, I like Alter Bridge, I like Scott Stapp, I also like a dozen other artists, but I do not need to compare them all the time!
I'll probably get shot for this one, but hey, it's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone else to feel the same: Myles Kennedy is the weakest link in AB. To me he's got a good voice, but he's just "another metal screamer". I don't get the feeling for his singing and there is no arguments about his skills that can give me that.
I'm sure many of you think he's a great singer and gets his feeling! Congrats and enjoy his singing and nevermind the "stappanatic" Myles-bashers! And the same goes for the Stapp-fans, don't mind the extreme AB-league of Stapp-bashing.
After all, it's only rock'n'roll!

Last edited by renbergs : 11-17-2005 at 10:55 AM.