View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The root of all evil... (A prime example!)

I have a friend who is a devoted Christian... He is also a member of the 700 club, tithes more than anyone I know (even his kids have to tithe their allowances), goes to church like 4 times a week, and donates a lot of time there cleaning and helping out when he can...

Here's the problem:

A couple of months ago his small town had some flooding and his house foundation took on some water. Luckily as fast as it came it left, and his home was spared any severe damage. He tells me a couple of weeks ago that FEMA sent him a check for $11,000.00 to repair his foundation, crawl space, floor joists and flooring. This amount was issued based on an average of the costs of repairs and temporary relocation for our area, and several of these checks were sent out to the residents who were affected along the river.

Guess what he does?

Spends about 4 hundred dollars on some heavy duty screws to screw his warped flooring back down, and then throws some carpet over it.

That's it. $400.00

Since then, Katrina has come and gone and the cost of her destruction will probably never be surpassed in my lifetime.

The World is donating by the miliions in cash, sweat, and countless donations of food and clothing.

I asked him what he was going to do to help and he told me he couldn't afford to help at this time...

I asked him since he didn't use all of the money from his damage check if he was going to notify FEMA and return it, only to hear him say, "It's my money... Why should I?"

I'm sure his church got some.

Heaven