View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #88
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I think we can all be jerks at times. That doesn't mean we are bad people. I don't know the man personally so I can not really say that he is definitely a good hearted person but I like to believe he is. Some of his recent interviews have seemed very open and honest. I think he tries to do the right thing but sometimes being human gets in the way. I don't have a problem with alcohol but I know it can change people. I think there are some parts of his life that he would like to leave behind but he, like all of us, makes mistakes and those parts of his life reappear. I think we can look to some of his songs and see his regrets and see how he would like to be. I also think we can look to his SS Foundation and see that he has good qualities. All in all I think he means to do right but sins just like the rest of us.

I'll be honest and say 'I couldn't have put it better myself'. I've always considered Stapp's lyrics to represent the person he'd like to be, not the person that he is.

It is obvious that he's not the easiest person to be around. You can trace this all the way back to the well publicised family issues when he was younger, his divorce and the disintegration of his band - the fact that the remaining members of Creed formed their own band speaks volumes.

Stapp comes across as a very solitary person who requires his own space, that does not make him ignorant or a 'jerk'. I don't mind people criticizing his music, that's all down to preferance. However, it annoys me when people judge, criticize and HATE (a very strong word) him (or anyone) without UNDERSTANDING him.

Just remember, when you point a finger at someone, there's three pointing right back at you.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger