View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #39
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: who cares about chart positions?

In point of everything you just said creediscool, singing is in fact a god given talent.

There are people who take lessons all their life and work on singing non stop and still can't hold a tune, the same as there are those who naturally have the ability to be amazing, and people that are middle of the road.

I have in fact taken voice lessons, i sort of went to college for it.

The chords for Someday and How You Remind me don't sound the same, they're in different keys. You were comparing structure, and structure wise the two creed songs i listed are identical the same way the two nickelback song structures are.

Chad Kroeger really isn't yelling, he's maintaining pitch, if you wanto hear yelling listen to chris cornell singing Show Me How To Live (live) or Scott Stapp singing Reach Out, they're flat and cracking and nowhere near any sort of pitch in key. Chad Kroeger has a mad rasp on his voice, but it's still singing. Listen to old metallica, Hetfield does the same thing, it's only in recent years that he's lost it.

Mark Tremonti has gotten better at singing, you're right, but he ALWAYS had the ability to sing. He didn't train from not being able to match pitch to be a really good singer, he had the ability to sing from the beginning. Was it a strong ability? No, but he still had the natural talent. So again in point of the fact that you obviously know nothing about singing, he was born with the ability.

Not knowing one singer doesn't mean i have no credibility, i didn't point out raul esparza to demean you, i pointed him out as an example.

What really lends someone no credibility is arguing about someone's voice when they know absolutely nothing about vocal qualities, training, or the physical aspects.

Your voice is something you are born with the same way some people have straight hair or curly hair. It's genetic. Some people are born with a naturally strong voice, some with a naturally weaker voice that they work hard and train to get under control. Some people are born with no ability to sing or any musicianship no matter how much training they go through. I know, i've taught the entire gamet of musical and vocal ability in students.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 10-18-2009 at 01:54 PM.