View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 03:31 AM   #70
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

Quote: "Nope," Martin says, when asked if the Stapp-Tea Party collaboration would continue.

"We just stepped away from the plate because right now," he pauses, choosing his words carefully, "I like Scott very much as a person, but there's a lot of baggage there.

"And you know how I've made a career out of having a bag of demons — but I've tamed them all.

"He hasn't learned how to do that.

"The problem with Scott is that there's too many cooks in the kitchen and he's misguided right now.

"He needs to take control of his own career and his own destiny."

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 01-22-2005 at 03:34 AM.