View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #61
shiver
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't think every Christian is meant to be evangelical. Some have it, others don't. The fact is that Creed was labled a Christian band because the general public is stupid enough to think that if a rock band uses the name Gabriel or God in song lyrics, then they must be Christian, even if the song isn't praising God (which none of Creed's music did). Hell, people even called Evanescence a Christian band for a short period after they debuted.

Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?