Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think it's unfair to blame the rest of Creed for his drug abuse and for their supposedly not doing anything to help him. No one can really help anyone unless that person wants to help himself, no matter how much you love them or how much you think you can do. That's why they have groups like Al-Anon. It's extremely difficult and heartbreaking to cope with and live/be around someone who's slowly killing himself and you can't do a thing about it.

It's also naive to think management would ever give a shit about an artist. Money is pretty much all they care about.

That said, good for Scott for coming clean about a lot of things. I really hope he's on the road to recovery and can just be happy.

I never blamed the rest of Creed for Scott's drug use. But if the man has an obvious problem... why didn't they try to help him out? I haven't heard a thing about Tremonti or Phillips doing anything to help him out. The management agency is hired to do more than just booked concert dates. They should've put a hold on the Weathered tour and encourage Stapp to rest and clean up. By pushing Stapp during his state, they actually ended up having it backfire on him. That tour sealed the deal in terms of Creed's evident breakup and as a result of Creed's breakup... they were fired by Stapp and lost some revenue. Creed and Stapp helped put Wind-Up on the map... and have been Wind-Up's biggest success. You would think that they would try to do something to preserve Creed. A lot of people are to blame. Scott messed up, we know that. But at least somebody could had the courtesy to help a man in need.