View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hmm, shipping 1.5 million copies...It really aggravates me how much Meltzer and company are pushing Stapp's album in comparison to what they did with AB.

I hate it too, but I can understand why they are pushing it so much. Stapp's music is much, much more radio friendly. And radio play=record sales in practically every case. Stapp is more marketable to the mainstream than AB is(because of AB's style of music). If anyone from Creed is going to sell a whole lot of records and garner constant radio airplay(on pop radio) it will be Stapp. WU knows this and so they are giving him a whole lot more promotion. I've seen commercials on VH1 and other channels, advertisements on Yahoo Entertainment, and he was on the frontpage of like three different sites on Friday(Nascar, VH1 and MLB). Not only that, but he is making appearances on Leno, Live with Regis and Kelly and I'd assume some other shows. I don't like that AB never got that kind of promotion, but I understand why Stapp is being pushed so heavily.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!