Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Columbus Interview - Stapp Walks Out

Has anyone here heard this yet? It's in real audio format:

http://www.wbzx.com/media/ScottStappOnWBZX.ram

It's 24 minutes long and is an obvious setup for an ambush against Stapp. Basically what happened was the DJs opened up the interview talking about Stapp's ex-wife, asking how much money she got out of the divorce or something to that effect. And it all went downhill from there. Stapp said some "negative" things about Mark, Scott, and Brian as well (which is ironic as all the 'Stapp fans' kept saying it was Stapp who was keeping quiet about all that).

Towards the end of the interview the station's program director comes on and tells this story about how Creed was booked to perform for a station event and before the show he went to the tour bus to meet the band. The other band members were playing video games and never acknowledged the fact that this guy entered the room. Someone from the label then got Stapp to come over and talk to this guy. Nothing was said so the DJ noticed a hat Stapp was wearing (a golf hat) and asked Stapp if he played golf. Stapp's response was 'what tipped you off' or somethign to that effect. The guy basically goes on to say that he felt dissed by Stapp over that incident. They wanted Stapp to address that event but Stapp just walked out of the studio.

Personally I think those DJs were completely out of line. I'm glad Stapp walked out of there. He could have fought back at those guys but he realized it wouldn't have done anything positive. Apparently after he walked out some label guys from Windup were giving the DJs a look too. Those guy were probably in deep ****.

Finally, unrelated to the interview, I do have a little interesting tidbit. Someone I know personally had a very similar experience to the story the program director told. Back in 1997 when Creed first went out on tour, a small local band was opening for Creed at a bar. Before the show a member of this band approached Stapp back stage just to say hi and whatever. According to this guy, Stapp simply blew him off and did not talk to him at all. I find it weird that someone had a similar experience as this friend of mine had.

Either way, give the interview a listen. It's interesting to hear.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"