View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I would have to agree with you that we could argue all day and not get anywhere. Even though I disagree with most of what you said, it doesn't really matter where either of us stand. The only thing that matters is if we are living the way Christ would like us to live. But there is still one thing that you said that bothers me.

"Fall into TEMPTATION?! What on earth? If we cannot lose our salvation, who CARES if we fall into temptation. If our salvation is ASSURED, this passage i nonsense. It basically states (according to your interpretation): Be careful not to fall into temptation, but it doesn't REALLY matter because you are going to heaven anyway! There is no reason at ALL to believe this is talking about anything other than threat to your salvation. Unless it is a threat to salvation, why worry that we may fall? Because we will still go right to Heaven."

Whether this verse is talking about falling from temptation or not, these statements are unbiblical. "If we cannot lose our salvation, who cares if we fall into temptation." "Why worry that we may fall...we still go right to heaven?" God loves us. The worst thing for Him to see, is us fall into a sin, such as sexual immorality. Why have the mindset that,"well, it's ok if I screw up this time because God will forgive me and I'm going to heaven anyway?" How is that helping our walk with Christ? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but thats what it looks like your saying.

Let me get something straight. Are you saying that if a Christian commits adultery, which a lot do, they will have their salvation taken away? Or if a Christian steals, they get their salvation taken away? Have you lived your life so perfectly that you think you will not lose your salvation, if this is what you believe? If you think this is true, then every Christian on earth will and has lost their salvation. "For if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing." Don't get me wrong. Works are very important, but they are not a requirement for salvation.
Ephesians 2:8,9 says,"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast." I would say thats a pretty clear picture. So overall my belief is this-Salvation is a gift from God, nothing we can do will ever get us salvation. So in turn, if nothing we can do will earn us salvation, then nothing we can do will cause us to lose our salvation.

I brought this question up at work and the majority of the people I talked to believed you cannot lose your salvation and then gave their reasonings. One guy did say he thought he could lose it and he used the parable of the lost sheep to back it up. I don't know if that is accurate or not, but this discussion could go on and on. I just know that I will never lose my salvation, not because it is my belief, but because I will not stray from the path.