View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #1
tremontigirltpa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I need your help in saving lives! PLEASE!

I wanted to let everyone on the boards know about something exciting that I am doing and I really need your help.

I am training to run a 26.2 mile MARATHON to benefit the American Stroke Association.

No, I haven’t lost my mind! By joining the American Stroke Association’s Train To End Stroke program, I have a coach, a team to run with, training schedules and clinic and a reason that makes this more than a personal goal. I am helping to raise funds for stroke research, education and advocacy programs.

The following are some stroke statistics that you may not be aware of.

Every 53 seconds someone suffers a stroke
Every 3.3 minutes someone dies of a stroke
There are 4.4 million stroke survivors
29% of people who have strokes are under age 65.

Over the course of the next 4 months, I will be running hundreds of miles to prepare. During my training - CREED is in my CD player motivating me every step of the way. When I want to give up - I just take a deep breath - absorb the music and keep going!!
On top of the training, I will also be busy raising over $3,300 for the American Stroke Association. I am writing to ask for your support in this effort through your good thoughts and through your generous contribution to the American Stroke Association.
I am excited about running this marathon on behalf of many who couldn’t even walk it due to a stroke. Please join me in reaching the finish line of my fundraising goal and helping end stroke.

P.S. Although the marathon is not until June 1, my plan is to have my fundraising goal met by March 24th. Your tax-deductible contribution, sent as soon as possible, is greatly appreciated! Every dollar makes a difference toward stroke research and education. If your company that you work for has a matching gift program, please send me the matching gift form along with your check and double your donation!

Please find below a link to my fundraising website where you can make a donation online. If you can't make a donation online (the minimum donation is $25 online) you can mail a donation in any amount (EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR COUNTS!) to the address that is on my webpage on the right hand side under the photo. Thank you so much for your support.

If you would like to confirm my participation in this event please contact Tony Covington, Senior Train to End Stroke Director at 727-570-8610 or 1-800-275-0448.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...1&supId=3113423

When you are with me I’m free…I’m careless…I believe