View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #7
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I like your interpretation too, Marcos! He is a God of mercy, isn't he?
On a personal note, I'm able to share what OLB has meant to me. I wrote Creed to tell them how much the song means to me, too. My brother was an alcoholic (now recovering, thank God) for quite some time, falling deeper and deeper into a pit that none of us was sure he could get out of. I was forced to call the police one day because he had gone on a six-day binge, and we didn't know whether he was alive or dead. The officer that answered the call is a friend of the family; he had to break down the door to get in my brother's room, spoke to him and realized what I had suspected all along, that my bro was depressed. He had an ambulance take him to the ER, where his blood/alcohol level was 4.3! They said a little higher, and he may have been gone. He really was down to almost his last breath, and God gave him another chance. He was admitted to a behavioral health center, where they diagnosed him with a form of bipolar disorder. He was medicating himself with the alcohol to make it all go away. He became some other person we didn't know anymore. That's what addiction does. Now he's on meds to stabilize his moods, he's not able to work yet, but I have my old bro back again. When he was at his worst, I cried every time I heard OLB; it did help me heal, through my tears. Now when I hear it, I don't cry but rejoice in the fact that God gave him another chance, and am so thankful to Creed for their gift of music that heals the spirit.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On