View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #1
creedfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New info about Chicago Show

Below is a post I got from Creed Pit. I am not sure if this info is accurate but it sure fits what happened last night..

This is also my first time posting on a chat room board. I needed an outlet to vent my frustrations also. I have been a huge Creed fan for years now. My husband use to like them until "Scott Stapp" and "Creed" became household discussion. I have seen them 8 times this year including Alcatraz. Each show was remarkable. I swore there was never a band as electrifying and mesmerizing as Creed. Their live show was Tops period. This all changed after last night's show in Chicago....

I am embarrassed by the show. I invited my co-worker and her 2 daughters. This was not the show I wanted them to see. I knew within moments of Scott coming on stage that he was drunk. I later found out that that was due to him downing a fifth of JD just one hour prior to the show. The police were wearing riot gear because they were not sure Creed was going to take the stage at all. In my opinion they should not have, they should have cancelled the show. During Bullets and Freedom Fighter Scott could barely walk a straight line. When he did walk on the ramp I thought he might even fall off. During Say I he made strange noises at the end of the song for several minutes. He never addressed the crowd, mentioned he was even in Chicago (may be a good thing as I don't think he really knew where he was at the time)until Higher. During Higher he tried to make some lame excuse that he was full of love earlier and we were not with him until now. Now we were with him and one. Not sure what his intentions were there. When Scott left the stage the first time, after throwing the mic and pulling his earplugs out, he pointed at Brett and said 'you sing'. Shortly after that Mark announced that "apparently Scott has left the stage. I'm not sure what is going on with him, but I will find out". Mark left to boos within the arena. I was too shocked to even do that. The crowd chanted for Mark to sing by exclaiming "You can do it Mark". When Scott reemerged without a shirt and boots it was because he threw up. That is why he left the stage. His people said after he threw up he grabbed another shot of JD. He is becoming just like his idol Jim Morrison. His own people and the police were not sure the band was even coming out for an encore. They were not sure Scott could handle it. I never expected this from Scott and was embarrassed for the band. I pitied Scott that this was his best answer to whatever personal demons he is facing. I hope he gets the help that he needs and can clean-up his act. The person I feel most for is Jagger. I really hope he was not at the show last night. I love Creed and hope this is not the demise of the band. I too will pray for Scott.