Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #2981
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Ellipsis…

An Ellipsis (…)is a series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word, sentence or whole section from the original text being quoted. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate an unfinished thought

example: "But I thought he was . . ."

Yesterday…was incredible. Several thousand people showed up. In the midst of all the people was our little group, to our surprise a MAGICIAN found us. He was very tall with a deck of pink playing cards. He showed us the trick of picking the card out of the middle of the deck, putting it back…and it would be on top every time. The card was the 2 of Hearts. Well….on the last trick…we were all watching when he flips over the 9 on top instead of the two, we all realized it wasn’t the right card, when we looked up at him… he had the 2 of hearts sticking out of his mouth. I had chills. I still don’t know how he did it.

The choir was there and sang “America the Beautiful” and The National Anthem. We watched a pink stretch limo arrive and a cancer survivor emerged. She approached the stage and began to speak about her ongoing battle with breast cancer. She said a lot but, I heard her say that without God guiding her daily through this battle she would never have made it. She also said the cancer has Blessed her life. Isn’t that amazing? Even in cancer she found something beautiful.

The last testimony on stage was given by one of the event coordinators. He said, “ There was a PERIOD in life where Jesus walked with the people, and then He died on a cross for all of us, ...many thought that was the end of the PERIOD. But Jesus doesn’t use Periods…He uses an Ellipsis…because where we think it’s the end. He shows us it’s only the beginning…

With that said we had silent prayer and it started…

At the end, when we were just about to give up and throw in the towel…with a half mile left to go, we were just about to give up when we heard …The Choir in Pink…singing us to the finish line. All the kids got medals, then when we thought it was over…we walked through this underground tunnel and on the other side was a world of free food, drinks, live music, massages, parachuting air troopers and face painting. And best of all FREE McDonald’s Coffee!

My serotonin levels are peaking.

Last edited by Sasa : 04-22-2012 at 07:49 AM.