Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #2924
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

The Love of Others as the Self

I awoke this morning with one question in my mind.

Do you think that loving yourself is egotistical or maybe a better word would be Narcissistic ?

But I wanted to disregard that thought and go copy and paste a really good article on changing the thought process, but when I tried to post it this morning, keyboard would not work. Then I saw the statement again, so I posted. GEESH....Let's run with it.

First Narcissism is a delusion based on seperation. No such thing exists really because when someone is mean to others and appears to be full of self, its a lie, in reality they hate themselves. For one that truly loves the self, does not have the capacity to hate. It negates the definition of narcissim totally.

Thomas Jefferson made a quote...or was it Ben Franklin...let me look it up.

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."

It was Ben, he was a smart man...or was he being selfish? J/K

Depends on what filter you look through.

Some talk about dieing to the self to achieve enlightenment or in order to be Born Again. We are told to completely let go of the self. I used to have conversations with a friend who was determined to sever his ego, so much so that he would die to let it go. But what if the words don't exactly mean to let yourself go in a sense of seperating or departure of the self, but the unification of the self with others in mind.

You see where this is going? It depends on how we look at the self, do we look at ourself as being seperated from everyone else, or do we look at the self as being united and part of the whole?

Seperation is an illusion that the mind tricks us into believing. We are all connected energeticially, in that we attract to us what we are aligned with in energy from either past, present or future experiences.

To die to the self simply (to me) means to see through the filter of unification, not seperation.
I can't truly love anyone, until I love myself first. I mean that in a healthy way. When I constantly put myself down when I am alone or otherwise, I am attracting the same type voices, external people, into my life to back that up and to help me keep going with that thought process.

Being humble just means don't be boastful, it doesn't mean to constantly belittle myself. It just means don't brag...no one likes that. No one likes a person who puts them self down all the time either. Think about it, do you like to hear any of that from someone else?

I may think I love someone, but truth is, if it doesn't start within me, I don't know how to love others, because the others are an energetic reflection of me, they align with me according to my thought process.

The moment I can look in the mirror and look in my own eyes, and truly say I love you without turning away or looking down. To truly mean it with pure heart...that's when my life will do a magical turn around. I will have no rivals because the fragmented energetic parts of me, will all be whole and loving. But I can't trick myself into believing I love me, when I clearly have hateful issues hiding in the crevises of my mind, someone will always manifest externally to show me exactly what it is I am trying to SUPPRESS.

Think of a fountain of water...being filled up inside until it overflows with water, everyone can drink from it because it is overflowing with abundance.

A person who feels themself full of loving thoughts, and images, music..and art and all the beautiful things in life, has no capacity to hate..because they are full of love...so much so that it runs over and feeds everyone in their path.

Things that stand out in my mind at this moment is when Jesus said:

Love Others as the Self...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... (Golden Rule)

Love your enemies....(I am my worst enemy)

As I have loved you ...so you must love one another.

Great Day!