Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #2907
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

CREATIVE IDEAS

"The world we are experiencing today is the result of our collective consciousness, and if we want a new world, each of us must start taking responsibility for helping create it."

A New Heaven and New Earth, Rosemary Fillmore Rhea, from New Thought for a New Millenium

"Man's mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimension." Oliver Wendell Holmes

I used to throw paper out going down the highway and didn't think twice about it. Would clean my entire car out going down the road. Didn't stop for one minute to think about what I was doing to the earth...or what those very actions were creating in my own life...returning to me.

One day I started noticing the garbage everywhere, on the ground, in the parks...I started noticing people throwing garbage out of their cars in front of me and in parks, at ballgames..etc. Then I met this incredible woman who dedicated her life to kindness and teaching our children to not only be kind to the self and others but to our earth as well. We started our own little group and began looking for projects to give back to the earth and to God. Picking up trash was one of them...along the road in front our home for a mile stretch, then progressed to a local park. Then a local waterway.

I not only stopped the destructive cycle in my own being, but helped some kids see how important it is to put trash where it belongs. We had some major fun..doing this ...believe it or not. We spent quality time together...fed some squarrels...hundreds of hungry squarrels in this one park. Then the kids won second place in a Kindness award contest and their prize was a case of KIND bars. I had no idea, how excited they were about that until I overheard them talking about it one day. They really enjoyed doing that...and being awarded for it. I really enjoyed it too...we had so much fun together and we felt good at the end of the day. We felt we did something beneficial and productive and we had a great time doing it....together.

I miss that...I get so busy with all I have to do everyday and we have let the projects go by the way side lately. I feel a tug...back in that direction today. Maybe we can do some 5k's for something good. Have a beach clean up day..Trip, this year...The ideas are endless.

I had no idea when I got up this morning this post was going to turn into a reminder for me to get off my hump and find some new projects for us to participate in.

I remember one day walking behind my daughter somewhere, at this public venue...I don't remember what it was...I just remember what she did. It wasn't her litter...but she stopped and picked it up..and put in a garbage can nearby. I can't tell you how proud I was of her for that one selfless act of kindness to the planet.

Last edited by Sasa : 01-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.