Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #2897
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

The pounds are just melting way. Funny all these months I struggled with the last 25 lbs and it comes down to being all about the hidden sugar. In one week since starting with Jorge's plan it is falling off. Not hard to do at all and I'm not hungry. Its a lifestyle change. Of course I maintained what I was doing also...healthy diet. I just took out the sugar. It's completely amazing how fast it falls off.

I have avoided the gym since New Years because the parking lot is always so full. So I walked the stores instead, browsing. Yesterday was my first day back in. This guy that works there memorized my gym number, I didn't have to tell him.

Last night he was peaking out from behind his sub sandwich when I came in...
He said, I haven't seen you in so long I forgot your number. I told him, that I circled the parking lot a few times and left due to crowds. He said about the 2nd week in Feb. everyone clears out. HA! He is right by March its back to the regulars you see everyday. The beautiful equipment is free to be abused by me.

Had to share thoughts....OK THIS Is the DAILY....

NEW HAIR

"Our intention creates our reality.” Wayne Dyer

"A good intention clothes itself
with sudden power." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life does not obey our expectations.
Life obeys our intentions, in ways
we may not expect." Unknown

"A good intention is like the seed of
a tree whose fruit we do not know." Unknown

In the spirit of the New Year and Renewal. I decided that I wanted new hair. I decided I would go lighter.

Remember: My goal, my intention was new hair, a new look that reflected my inner change.

I decided that I am an artist, I am creative, I can do my own hair.
I go to WalGreens and research the dye products thoroughly. I find hair color remover...removes all the color in about an hour. I thought this is perfect..I will start with a new palette, a new canvas. Then I will pick a color any color from the hundreds on display and it will look like the color on the box.

I get home excitedly ready for newness. In about 50 minutes after applying the remover...my hair turns pumpkin orange...not white,not gray but pumpkin orange. The box says this is ok and its the color we want. Not ME...I don't like pumpkin orange. But I keep going...I put the color I chose in on top of the pumpkin orange palette. Do you know what the result was? Brown on the bottom and pumpkin orange on top. I was trying to convince myself in the mirror, this is good...I like it. I did it myself.

I go to the livingroom where my daughter is planted watching tv. She says umm..her eyes the size of golf balls, It looks good mama, except you have a big brown spot right at the top of your head in the midst of the orange. I had to go through a normal day like that...I bunned my hair up so you couldn't see all the patches of different colors.

I break down the next day which was Friday afternoon and enter an expensive salon because I knew they would have someone there that could fix my mess, yes I finally stopped denying and admitted I made a mess of my head.

When I entered the woman in the front said, "Can I help you?" I said, "Yes, I have made an awful mistake and I need help." She says..in this sweet voice "What have you done?" I confessed it all to her...just laid it out body and soul. She laughed...then
She said, "let me get you some help"...she goes to the top lady, the pro..the one thats been doing hair since the 70's and is a Senior Stylist..not a Master beyond the Master...she is top of the line..the best of the best.

She takes my hair down..

then scolds me for stripping my color. She said never, never do this again. I promised her I would never do it again. Then she took charge of the mess. It took her 2 hours but my hair is completely new. When I walked out of that shop..it was the best money I have ever spent in my life. She massaged my head, she colored, she cut, she groomed, she spit shined it. I felt like I had grown a totally new head of hair. I just want to touch it. Its completely soft. I felt like a million dollars and I left her large tip and a large hug..and scheduled another appointment ahead of time. I would rather have her do my hair than eat.

Not only that...I loved talking to her..I have new hair and a new friend. God is so GOOD. We talked about family, sugar, artificial sweetner replacements, college, careers, tragedy and she made me read an article about a girl who joined a convent.
In the article was the girl looking at a painting of Christ..His bleeding heart on display and his beautiful eyes..always looking up. That was the message to me, no matter how bad things get, or how many mistakes I make, keep looking up and trusting in God..."ALWAYS"! He'll bring me through it in much greater ways than I could ever dream for myself.

The point is I had an intention to RENEW in mind...and I took action..although the result wasnt' exactly what I had planned. I had a vision for a new head of hair that reflected my changes. I could not even imagine such a wonderful outcome. I would never have chosen that salon had the damage not occurred. I would have gone somewhere less expensive. The way it worked out...I met an incredibly talented woman, who has been doing hair since I was a toddler and today I have an incredible head of hair.

Oh...its not lighter, she said It wouldn't work. Its dark but it has this amazing subtle highlight to it. I couldn't have planned it that way. Neither could she...it just turned out that way.

Thankful today! Life is GOOD!

Last edited by Sasa : 01-07-2012 at 07:52 AM.