Thread: Obama wins
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #76
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Obama wins

Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker) It still pisses me off that those bankers who lied about their profits and the worth of their mortgages that they loaned for got all of that money last year, and spent it rediculously on things like that $450.000 party that they just had to have and spending millions on the Super Bowl,ect and they are getting more money and we are going to end up having to pay for that.

The way I feel about it is they made the mess themselves by lying and being greedy so they should have to clean their own mess up, not us!!!

There are a lot of things in this bailout that are a waste of money,imo. Like spending millions of dollars on STD ed in schools. That should be the job of parents not the schools. Let the people who are ultimately incharge of teaching their kids talk to them about this stuff like they are supposed to do.

As far as the whole economic stimulis package goes, I don't see how that is going to fix the economy, especially once its time to start paying that all back.

Unfortunately there are enough lazy minded citizens not paying close attention and a fawning media not seriously questioning Obamas plans that will allow this "stimulous plan" to continue.
I also have a question like yours Julie. How will funding for abortion in other countries stimulate the American economy? Perhaps Obama is thinking of the embrionic stem cells we could harvest from dead children for medical research and profit.

-Homer Simpson