View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #2122
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

May 15th

"Myanmar tragedy."

22,000 dead and that number will increase as the days pass. The main city is totally devasted. Most roads are in accessible and the ones that are cleared is only because locals have cut the trees themselves with hand saws. Basic human needs; water, food, shelter, clothing etc..., are in short or little supply as this country struggles to recover from the devastation from the cyclone...

We often don't appreciate the simple things in life until we are unable to enjoy them. Taking god's gifts for granted is easy to do. Clean air, water to drink, food on the table; these things come easily to most of us, and so we are not as thankful as we might be if we didn't have them. Many in our world have to do without. Remember than even the most basic of our needs is met by the loving grace of God. Thank Him for everything He has given, and keep those less fortunate in your prayers.

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul th irsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.

Psalm 63:1

Heaven