Thread: Creed Sound
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed Sound

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Bands that people consider having that "Creed sound" are post-grunge bands. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Revis, all the generic rock bands that aren't really distinct from each other.

Pretty much. In my opinion, however, Creed most typifies the "post-grunge" movement. If I'm not mistaken, Human Clay was the first huge post-grunge album, and is probably still the best-selling. I think it's silly to say no one sounds like Creed. Sure, they're not identical to anyone else, but I'll be damned if the lyrical content or vocals or whatever else isn't very similar to some of the bands Agent D mentioned. I think, these days, it's almost impossible for any band or artist to sound wholly unique. Even oddities like The Mars Volta or Sigur Rós are still classified under certain genres, and are influenced by certain artists, and in turn influence others. After all, when the record labels determine the latest sound, they go all in. That's why today you hear a lot of punk-pop, post-grunge before it, and grunge before that. Before that, there was hair metal, and so on and so forth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. {10} Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.