View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 02:52 AM   #1259
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 16th

"Waiting with hope."

Mary and Martha had sent their friend Jesus a message about the critical condition of their brother, Lazarus, and their urgent need for his help: "Lord, the one you love is very sick" (John 11:3). But instead of rushing off to Bethany, Jesus stayed where he was for two days before responding to Mary and Martha's plea. When he did arrive, he raised Lazarus from the dead in a magnificent display of his power.

Just as Mary and Martha struggled when Jesus answered their prayers for Lazarus in a time and way different from what they had expected, we get frustrated when the Lord delays in coming to us and answering our prayers.

As it did for the grieving sisters, two days (or two months or two years) of waiting can seem like an eternity to us. But in the midst of the "delay," God is not inactive. He is teaching us patience, perseverance, and faith and is planning to glorify himself in our circumstances. While we are waiting, he wants to cleanse our hearts and refocus us on Jesus. The Spirit always knows what will glorify God, and we can trust him when we're in the waiting room.

Although Jesus loved Martha, Mary, and Lazarus, he stayed where he was for the next two days and did not go to them. Finally, after two days, he said to his disciples, "Let's go to Judea again."

John 11:5-7

God often delays His response out of love, as He works all things together for good.

Jeanne Zornes

Heaven

AMEN AND AMEN , HE HAS PLACED UPON A ROCK WHERE WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED AMEN, Great Message HEV, We Cant Seen To Find Enough Of Theme OF THE PRECIOUS POWER OF WATING ON THE LORD THY GOD, I WAITED Patiently For The Lord And He Inclined And Heared My Cry He brought me up Also Out Of An Horrbile Pit Out Of The Miry Clay And Set My Feet Upon A Rock AND ESTABLISHED MY GOINGS Thats Wonderfull MANY O LORD MY GOD ARE YOUR WORKS WHICH THOU HAS DONE AND THY THOGHTS WHICH TO ARE TO US~WARD THEY CANNOT BE RECKONED UP IN ORDER UNTO THEE IF I WOULD DECLARE AND SPEAK OF THEME THEY ARE MORE THAN CAN BE NUMBERED Psalm 40.1.5
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done