Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #1251
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

As most of you know my company participated in the Home Builders Blitz for Habitat For Humanity (http://www.habitat.org/) last week and it was very successful and an enjoyable learning experience for everyone involved. The family we built for included a single mother and her two children whom were abandoned by their dead beat dad some time ago and struggling just to stay afloat in this world. I was recently speaking of last weeks events to some people I know when I was literally attacked by a couple of them claiming,”The poor bring on their own situation and giving them free labor and a cheap home isn’t going to do anything but hurt them more…”, and things like, “Working for free and donating your time doesn’t pay the bills Dave…”

I wish the world would wake up and realize that if we all helped each other just a little each day our race would be better off for it, and blessed more as one. The pure ignorance of some just baffles me. It makes me wonder who taught them this, how have they survived this long with this attitude, and what does the Bible have to say about the less fortunate population among us?

June 13th

"God blesses the poor and those who help them."

Why do we look for ways to shame the poor and destitute? Of course, there are a few who are poor because they choose nothing better for their lives, but they are a distinct minority. All too often, poor people are made out to be lazy, evil, and greedy, when nothing could be further from the truth. The poor are our brothers and sisters, and they are worthy of our help, just because Christ said so. God blesses the poor and those who help them. Take hold of your blessing. Help someone in need.

O let the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.

Psalm 74:21

All your children deserve dignity and respect.

Unknown

Lack of money is the root of all evil.

George Bernard Shaw

Heaven