View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #1158
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 20th

"Is God in Every Circumstance?"

The Christian life is to be characterized by a growth process — from spiritual milk to solid food. We are to absorb the elementary truths of our faith and then begin to chew on the “meaty” ones. The question, “Is God in every circumstance?” falls into this latter category because the answer to it conflicts with human thinking. You see, God is in both the triumphs and tragedies of life. He either sends them or permits them to happen.

Consider Joseph. Betrayed by his brothers, falsely accused by his employer’s wife, and imprisoned unjustly, he was powerless and, in many ways, forgotten. But he refused to be swayed by circumstances, he grasped the deeper truth that God had orchestrated it all for good.

But now that their father was dead, Joseph's brothers became afraid. "Now Joseph will pay us back for all the evil we did to him," they said.

So they sent this message to Joseph: "Before your father died, he instructed us

to say to you: 'Forgive your brothers for the great evil they did to you.' So we, the servants of the God of your father, beg you to forgive us." When Joseph received the message, he broke down and wept.

Then his brothers came and bowed low before him. "We are your slaves," they said.

But Joseph told them, "Don't be afraid of me. Am I God, to judge and punish you?

As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil. He brought me to the high position I have today so I could save the lives of many people.

No, don't be afraid. Indeed, I myself will take care of you and your families." And he spoke very kindly to them, reassuring them.

Genesis 50:15-21

Whether the Lord sends a trial or permits one, He has said He will use it as part of His plan for our good.

Charles Stanley

Heaven