Thread: Longevity
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #67
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) stapp may have written most lyrics for creed but if you compare tgd's lyrics with mop, hc, or even weathered, in my opinon they do fall short. Stapp had the skills but it is hard to tell if he still has it when writting. Mark was the primary music guy of Creed and frankly ODR lyrics by mark are somewhat better than those found on the TGD, not saying that mark is the better lyrisist but he just did it better on this record and it should get better for the second record because this is going to a mark/myles combo (wishing that flip and brian as some input on the next record to) which might lead to a better longevity and career.

I second that completely. However, in ODR flips drumming is very well improved and only furthers me from really viewing him as a average drummer where in metalligus he showed some pretty good skill. However, on alter bridge's next outing I hope to hear more of brian's bass lines. With creed he fit in real nice with those groovy bass lines. In ODR he was pushed so far to the back. You could hear him, but if you knew what to listen for.